I should be doing a paper right now, but I can’t seem to pass the 300-word mark of my 1,500-word essay. So instead of mindlessly surfing the net, reading random articles, and clicking refresh on Facebook and Twitter, I’ve decided to make the most out of this time by starting a list on the things that I want to accomplish before I turn 30 years old. That’s not soon; I have around 6 1/2 years for that. So, I guess, that’s enough time for me to actually accomplish all that I will be posting here.
I don’t really blog about stuff. I only post photographs and photo essays here. So, this thing is pretty new to me. As some of you have probably seen my other tumblr posts, you’d know that this entry could be the most word-intensive post that I’ve ever published on the internet in my entire life! I’m not really good with writing. So forgive me if there are some grammatical errors, sentence structure problems, and other stuff that you’d find wrong. I just wanna share some of these things that has been lingering my mind for the past few months.
So going back. I hope that this will actually be one part of many that I will be posting. With the obvious title, this particular entry will be about.. you’ve guessed it right, local travel! I also want to travel the world, but I made this covenant with myself that before I extensively travel the world, I should have first traveled most of our country. I want to know more about the nation where I grew up and get soaked to the various indigenous cultures that are just few hours away from our city before I venture into exploring the foreign ones. After all, who wants to be a foreigner in his or her own country? For sure, I don’t.
So without further ado, I present you my list.
(presented in no particular order)
- Take a dip at the Enchanted River
- Swim with the jellyfish at Surigao
- Canoe down the Cagayan River (from Tuguegarao out to Aparri).
- Drive all the way to Aparri and drive back down via the Ilocos side.
- Camp out at the Sand Dunes of Laoag.
- Surf the Cloud 9.
- Take photographs of the crashing waves in Dingalan, Aurora.
- Stargaze on the top of Mt. Pulag.
- Backpacking trip from the northern tip of Palawan to its southern edge.
- Walk along the coast of Cagbalete Island during low tide.
- Wake up with the view of the mountains of Nagsasa Cove.
- Traverse Mt. Cinco Picos down to Silanguin Cove.
- Walk the whole stretch of the Zambales coastline.
- Ride the PNR Bicol Express to Naga.
- Soar like an eagle on top of Mt. Apo.
- Explore the secret lagoons of Coron and El Nido with a kayak.
- Long board along Ayala Avenue in the middle of the night!
- Windsurf from one island to another.
- Shake hands/fins with a turtle at Tubataha Reef
- Dive and find Nemo at the Apo Reef
- Take a trip on a commercial fishing boat; live together with the fisherfolk.
- Take a horseback ride at the Marlboro Hills of Batanes.
- Go scuba diving underneath the Underground River.
- Be enchanted by the grandeur of Palaui Island
- Have a photo taken wearing only boardshorts, snorkels, and fins at the Rice Terraces.
- Join a local missions trip.
- Take the extreme river-rafting course at the Cagayan de Oro River.
- Swim in a shoal.
- Tour the Malacañang Palace.
- Have a picnic at the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant.
“There’s so much world to see.”
What have you seen, so far? And what’s on your list?
- gramielle likes this
- ledsetgo likes this
- juanmigoy likes this
- trishallamzon likes this
- aldrichlim likes this
- charmwithasmile likes this
- nexindi likes this
- themellowfellow likes this
- pmgmendoza reblogged this from aldrichlim and added:
- pmgmendoza likes this
- noelmacararanga reblogged this from aldrichlim
- noelmacararanga likes this
- monicarize likes this
- kumomaikeru likes this
- aldrichlim posted this